Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 10:43am

Lag on livestream

Hi,

Some days ago I begun to have lots of lag on livestream (its nearly impossible to see the games).

I only want to question if I'm the only one or its normal with the increase of viewrs.

Please If someone have a solution for this tell it to me.

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 3:06am

It has two parts. First, some streamers are streaming near their upload maximum and second, Livestream told us that increased streamer numbers are also part of it. And since we're not Premium (lol at 3k $ per year) theres nothing we can do.

So why didnt we change to Ustream or Justin? Livestream has pros and cons, but the Library and the ability to set up an easy stream with procaster (you cant change your screen stream resolution so easily and hide things without procaster) are huge pros.

We will have a Ustream soon, but it will be tournament and maybe clan war exclusive.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Abubakr

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 11:26pm

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be cheaper to host your own livestream instead of paying $3K per year? I guess people would want to do that to gain popularity first on Livestream.

Friday, July 23rd 2010, 2:55am

The solution is ustream.
Its very nice to have library and stuff, but lately, teamfights are not running at even 1 FPS, its more like 1 frame per 5 seconds so I get to see hotshot taking runes and farmig but when it comes to teamfight its just a bunch of screenshots. Maybe its because of the quality, since the same happens with Araragi and Clever streams. Loci stream is fine.
Ustream runs perfectly while having much better quality than livestream ever had.

Friday, July 23rd 2010, 6:56am

The solution is ustream.
Its very nice to have library and stuff, but lately, teamfights are not running at even 1 FPS, its more like 1 frame per 5 seconds so I get to see hotshot taking runes and farmig but when it comes to teamfight its just a bunch of screenshots. Maybe its because of the quality, since the same happens with Araragi and Clever streams. Loci stream is fine.
Ustream runs perfectly while having much better quality than livestream ever had.
this

Schmuall

Friday, July 23rd 2010, 4:34pm

Unfortunately, Ustream is not the magic bullet everyone seems to think it is.

We are in the process of trying out various settings for Ustream but initial attempts have proved unimpressive.

I confess to having the same problem as you guys with teamfights turning into less than a slideshow which is annoying but something we all have to put up with for now.

Also, the 3k quoted earlier is way off, for the month of june they wanted $69k American for premium.

69,000 dollars....

Yeah.

Hopefully we're able to sort out our Ustream bugs sooner rather than later as from a Moderating point of view it's absolute bliss. The Slow mode is amazing (limits each user to 1 post per 60 seconds) which would be great for busy times. Also, PM is win.