Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 6th 2012, 12:35pm

IEM Grand Finals Hannover Brackets Announced 2012

The Official Brackets for IEM Hannover:

Group A: CLG, Fnatic, World Elite, Dignitas, Millenium, Invictus

Group B: TSM, SK, Moscow Five, Sypher, Curse, Ehome

What do you guys think of these brackets? Any predictions on who will come out on top? Opinions? Comments gogo!

Monday, February 6th 2012, 12:46pm

Can I say first? :(

But CLG all the way!

CLG
MOSCOW
TSM

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NeoxSummoner" (Feb 6th 2012, 12:53pm)

Monday, February 6th 2012, 12:54pm

Group B is TSM, M5, but Sk and sypher looking powerful and group A probably Fnatic and CLG, but Dig can always have a say imo

Monday, February 6th 2012, 12:54pm

GroupA-CLG
GroupB-M5

Monday, February 6th 2012, 1:01pm

really wanna see that CLG M5 final don't ya guys? If it does happen, I'm sure Saint is gonna have fun defending his jungle and punishing counterjunglers like he always does

o0o Bò Lùn o0o

Monday, February 6th 2012, 1:11pm

it seems CLG is in the easy group.
Dragon Fellow

SyrusDaVirus

Monday, February 6th 2012, 1:28pm

I think CLG should come out on top of Group A since it's a much easier group. I say much easier because Dignitas hasn't been practicing that much and Fnatic seems to have fallen hard if you look at their recent tournaments. Millenium has been pretty strong lately so I would probably pick them to be the biggest challenge to CLG. I don't know much about iG except from what I've heard the CLG members say about them. From what I've heard they are a strong team (especially with Mikako Tabe and Whitezz) but are still young when it comes to competitive play so I think could finish 3rd in the group at best. Same thing for WE, CLG beat them in Korea and I expect the same for a tournament of this magnitude.

I really don't know who will come out of top of Group B. I want to say TSM since they are practicing really hard on the EU-W server right now so they should have a good indication of how the EU teams are running comps. M5 will have to bring something new to the table if they want to surpass TSM again, I don't think using the same tactics as Kiev will prove to be as effective. Sypher has been doing really well and keeps improving. I think they could steal a game from TSM if they play really well with minimal mistakes. I think they will surprise some people and could sneak in to 2nd place in the group and advance to semis. SK is a wild card, you never know what you will get. They could play pretty badly like they did in Kiev or they could blow people away like they have been lately in scrims (winning convincingly against M5). Saying that I don't think SK is as good at LAN events as they are in online tournaments so I don't predict they will make it past group stage. Ehome is another Chinese team that I'm not too sure about. I've seen some of their players in high elo solo queue here and there (on CLG streams) and they seem to be decent mechanically but I haven't seen them in tournament play since IEM Guangzhou.

So my predictions for each group are :

Group A
1-CLG
2-Millenium
3-Dignitas
4-World Elite
5-Invictus
6-Fnatic

Group B
1-TSM
2-M5
3-Dignitas
4-SK
5-Curse
6-Ehome

Monday, February 6th 2012, 2:00pm

CLG vs TSM finals? gogo
Ninpo Ikkan.

Machcia

Monday, February 6th 2012, 2:16pm

My predictions are that CLG ain't goin far with how they are now!

Monday, February 6th 2012, 2:52pm

Fnatic has been doing terribly in online events but they play on another level in LAN events. You guys are underestimating them.

Monday, February 6th 2012, 3:21pm

Should be some good match-ups, but as teams are playing right now, Group A seems the softer of the two.

Monday, February 6th 2012, 5:17pm

Time for some Fnatic action again imo :)