Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sayocean

General Manager

• "sayocean" started this thread

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 8:08pm

CLG's Circuit Sponsored by own3D.tv and Next Shoutcasting Duo Competition Debut

Sorry, Fluffy ate this post. Jiji has been assigned to taming him. Expect an update on information to come soon. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "CyberBob" (Feb 21st 2012, 10:06am)

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 9:02pm

I'm sorry but I'm not really following the tournament style.

Are you saying that the tournaments as a whole results in a $3000 prize pool after 6 months?
As in, there will be (2x4) 8 games played monthly for a total of 48 games just for a first place of $1,500? Or is it every 2 weeks you give a $3000 prize pool?

The 5v5 ranked teams are very difficult for new teams to establish themselves, and not to mention, compete to top 16... are there any alternatives to this? I don't think that a CLG circuit should be tied to 5v5 ranked teams.. it just seems incredibly unfair.

I like this idea in general, but I dont think (if it is how I think it is), teams will play 48 games just to have a shot at winning $1500

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 9:09pm

I'm sorry but I'm not really following the tournament style.

Are you saying that the tournaments as a whole results in a $3000 prize pool after 6 months?
As in, there will be (2x4) 8 games played monthly for a total of 48 games just for a first place of $1,500? Or is it every 2 weeks you give a $3000 prize pool?

The 5v5 ranked teams are very difficult for new teams to establish themselves, and not to mention, compete to top 16... are there any alternatives to this? I don't think that a CLG circuit should be tied to 5v5 ranked teams.. it just seems incredibly unfair.

I like this idea in general, but I dont think (if it is how I think it is), teams will play 48 games just to have a shot at winning $1500

No, it is 2 tournaments per month for a total prize pool of $6000 in 1 month. The circuit finals will have a much larger prize pool which has yet to be determined. The ranked 5's ladder actually shouldn't be too hard. The reason that we are tying the tournament to the ranked 5's ladder is that we still want top tier competitive play which is accessible to everyone who tries hard to practice often and play with their teams. Hope that answers your question.

sayocean

General Manager

• "sayocean" started this thread

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 9:13pm

3,000 prize pool per biweekly tournament. Prize breakdowns for each biweekly tournament are listed in the prizes section.
Each tournament is 16 teams, single elim, bo3. So, hypothetically, if a team wins every game, they need to play 8 games to win $1,500

I don't see how the 5v5 ranked team ladder is unfair, please explain.

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 9:46pm

For those of us who already sent in an application previously, should we just go ahead and do another for this one as well?
On Twitter - @Regards_Casting

On Youtube - www.youtube.com/1Regards

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 9:46pm

This is awesome! Gives us aussies a chance! :)

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 9:52pm

If your not willing to play 48 ranked 5v5s with your team then your not the kind of team CLG tournaments are trying to attract.

It was already stated that they want teams to practice more etc etc...

GunniH

useless

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 9:54pm

For those of us who already sent in an application previously, should we just go ahead and do another for this one as well?
We still have the applications, you do NOT have to re-apply.

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 10:03pm

For the shout casting part of the tourny, Are the pairings random or is there anyway to sign up with a buddy? Think it would be easier to work with someone you know over a random person.

SMC Matt

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 10:05pm

Is there a deadline for the shoutcasters? I have a live event on Tuesday that I'd like to take our "demo tape" from, if it wouldn't be too much trouble.
Smite Club is a weekly commentary show! You can follow us on Twitter (@SmiteClub) and Facebook (http://facebook.com/smiteclubshow) to get updates!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SMC Matt" (Feb 21st 2012, 9:15pm)

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 10:09pm

For the shout casting part of the tourny, Are the pairings random or is there anyway to sign up with a buddy? Think it would be easier to work with someone you know over a random person.

I think that's the point, being able to be flexable with different partners
On Twitter - @Regards_Casting

On Youtube - www.youtube.com/1Regards

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 10:28pm

Is there a deadling for the shoutcasters? I have a live event on Tuesday that I'd like to take our "demo tape" from, if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

The due date is officially 3 4 months from now, but you can think of it like a university that accepts people based on rolling admissions. When you send in your submission, we will look it over relative to when you send it in and if you pass our initial judgement, you will be casting for the tournament date that is closest to when you pass. Sorry if that is a little unclear, but yeah, 4 months from now would be the final due date because that would be right before the playoffs commence.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "sayocean" (Feb 20th 2012, 11:29am) with the following reason: changed typo of 3 months to 4 months