sayocean

General Manager

• "sayocean" started this thread

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 12:05am

Saintvicious and CLG part ways, CLG.NA Picks up Voyboy

Today we are announcing the departure of League of Legends player Brandon “Saintvicious” DiMarco. Brandon and CLG are parting on amicable terms and he will continue his professional League of Legends career filling the jungler role for Team Curse.

Also, we are excited to announce the addition of Joe “Voyboy” Esfahani to the CLG.NA roster. Voyboy will play top lane for the team while HotshotGG moves to fill the jungler role. Voyboy will officially become a full member of CLG following the NESL's upcoming EPS tournament.

Voyboy had this to say about his move to CLG:

“With a heavy heart I'll be leaving Team Dignitas, but I am confident in my former team's ability to rise to the occasion and become just as strong as before. Therefore, it is with great excitement that I will be joining the roster of Counter Logic Gaming to fill the Top Lane role. It is my absolute intent that CLG will be as strong as ever going into the Season 2 Championships and I am grateful for this opportunity that I have been given. Thank you.”

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "sayocean" (May 19th 2012, 1:25pm)

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 6:21pm

Will miss Saintvicious, but happy about Voyboy joining :D

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 6:21pm

WHY

JUST WHY

WHY

WHY

(WHY??)

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 6:30pm

Pick up best top lane NA.

Have HotshotGG jungle.

Call me out on this but I believe Hotshot will eventually become a better jungler than Saint.
HS has insane mechanics (most people don't know) and just as much knowledge. Everything else will evolve with time.

Cer

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 2:20am

That's ... sad. I liked Saint really much, but with voyboy we got a nice new top lane. Only thing which is kind of weird: HSGG Jungle? Let's see ...

Dratwa

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 9:42am

I was like "hmm, maybe they took Voyboy because they need someone for matches and after that they will look for new jungler" but now I dont know what they gonna do.
bb saint. Hotshot is my fav jungler from now :)

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 1:09pm

Wow saint leaving CLG i will be honest i never thought it would happen. I still have faith in Hotshot being a great jungler, i mean he has amazing knowledge of the game, and with time i'm sure he will be a phenomenal jungler. Though i must say i am happy to see Voyboy join CLG such a great top laner, and no offense to hotshot at all, but Voyboy will bring more variety of champions to top lane that can lead to different team comps.

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 2:07pm

only good things can come from this for clg.

good riddance to that old wino ;)

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 3:23pm

only good things can come from this for clg.

good riddance to that old wino ;)
Bro, Jiji and SV carried CLG through their 1 year slump. Now half of CLG is gone.

WHY SV... COULD'VE AT LEAST BROUGHT JIJI WITH YOU... QQ

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 5:20pm

Imho Hotshot as a jungler is not that bad. For sure if you looked at his match against TSM evo, he needs to improve a lot, but hey it was his first game as a jungler for a competitive play. The good point is, hotshot is good at playing tanks and some tank works quite better as jungler than top. (IE : Maokai, Nautilus, Mundo, etc) As a great tank player if he works on his weakness it should be ok.

He should try to get more dragon control, and protect better his buffs. Once he ll get used to that he ll be pretty decent.

Monday, May 21st 2012, 12:42pm

SV was the best jungler in the world, but that doesn't say much about junglers...
Bad calls, bad strats, stuborn as hell, bad mechanics, bad communication.

Voyboy is the best top solo in NA, but not by much, HSGG is there, with a diff. of a lesser champ pool.
If only HSGG stops trolling and trains the jungle and Chauster grew some balls and make the calls, If only da jijiking became more vocal in lane and DL graduate from chauster bot lane school. Srry for bad english.

Dratwa

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 8:22am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6rS-A2s5MY&feature=related

after this video I realize something: It was funny to watch CLG as a strong team even if they lose or win the game.