Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tr3Ks

• "tr3Ks" started this thread

Sunday, July 25th 2010, 8:01pm

Alistar Viablility in Higher ELO?

been playing ALOT of Alistar lately. really enjoying it. but i can't seem to really push up ranks in ELO as far as solo queue because i cant carry teams.

are there any builds that are more carry oriented?

and More importantly in Higher ELO where Hotshot and others play at, is Alistar a Viable champ? How does he really compare to other tanks? etc.

thanks.

K0sta

Monday, July 26th 2010, 9:13am

Once he uses headbutt and stun he can just walk around and do nothing but gently touch enemies with his auto attack. If your team can kill a target with one stun->headbutt (or heabutt -> stun) combo then do some more damage it's fine, problem is that alistar doesn't have many ways to pull it off against aware enemies.
These are my 2 cents, I prefer shen, rammus and gragas much more for tanks than alistar.

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 12:57am

If you can play Allistar properly he's really viable. Any champion imo, played properly is viable in any ELO.

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 1:26am

My opinion:

Alistar needs the right team composition to be really viable. If you mix Ali with another AoE stun such as Annie, then throw in a morgana, your team can do some amazing things.

However if not combined with certain champions he becomes a little lackluster. Still playable, but there are better tanks out there.

EDIT: Typo

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrTheZebra" (Jul 27th 2010, 12:10pm)

tr3Ks

• "tr3Ks" started this thread

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 6:20am

Thats exactly what I thought Zebra.

Its good to know that the fact I can play Alistar really well is always there. but in Solo queue i just dont get reliable teammates. plus i need to play a character that can kill on a more regular basis to carry my team.

but when i do get into a 5v5 ranked i roll alistar and throw down like.. 6-0-28 with 8 towers destroyed which was my best record :).

but for now i'll play nasus in solo queue :)

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 4:56pm

I personally don't like Alistar because he needs Flash to initiate, or else he's going to get kited to death.

But I can see him working really well in some specific team comps, but there are more versatile heroes that fit most comps really nicely.

Friday, October 7th 2011, 3:32am

Allistar

ilike so much allistar especially with unchaiend alli i liek to play with him , he is a great support not about his heal ammount but he can counter a very aggressive ad carry and support in your lane , there is not possible in high elo or not but possible team build and opportunities

Machcia

Friday, October 7th 2011, 3:35am

If you want to raise up in ELO you don't play support by the way, and alistar anywhere else is kinda subpar.

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 10:49am

If you want to raise up in ELO you don't play support by the way, and alistar anywhere else is kinda subpar.
Why don't you play support roles if you want to raise ELO?

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 10:58am

They tell everyone to not play support in solo queue if they want to win, then bitch about people not playing roles that fit the team.

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 12:18pm

its simple, if u think that ur skill level is higher than ur elo reflects than u should try playing a role that has a big impact on the game. obviously ur objective is to win, so if ur last pick and ur team doesnt have a support u should play a support since it increases ur chances of winning. What i usually do when im last pick is tell my team how bad of a support i am and how good of a carry i am. SOMEtimes i get to play carry even when im last pick

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 9:25pm

supports has the least impact on the game, so youll have to rely on your teammates, often not a very good idea

as for ali he's viable @jungle+sup dont really know why anyone would play him "tank" or top? o,o