Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 5:54pm

Lee Sin: The Blind Monk TROUBLES

Hello everyone, Im new to CLG, My name is Zexxxin.

Im having trouble finding a GOOD build for Lee Sin, please help me out here. Thanx ?(

ooonY

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 6:26pm

Come back in two or three week. He is just been out for a few days. Don't think there is anyone with a good build right now due to lack of practical experiences.

Hatrantator

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 11:35pm

/trollmode on
Zex your avatar sucks!

Kaiokhen

Emmisary

Monday, April 4th 2011, 4:04am

Still pretty new, will take time to figure out.
For League of Legends Latest And Most Recent News Like https://www.facebook.com/Leaguecraft

Monday, April 4th 2011, 10:54pm

I tried something centered around yoomu's ghostblade / randuin's omen.
start cloth/5pots
build heart of gold, boots1
build brut, mercs
build yoomu, randuin

you can get some AD after that / in between, or some defensive items.. w/e you like and need.

max R>Q>E>W
or more tanky in fights: R>W>Q>E ... something like that.

it does work out since he's got a nice way to initiate (Q, back off, jump in, E - Randuin's - E) ... or something along the lines. he still feels really weak tho. he gets bursted down too quickly and doesn't even get the chance to deal lots of damage, also his burst isn't that strong and yea, he obviously can't stay in the fight for too long.. so he's still lacking imho. maybe he'll be fixed soon, who knows.

Jmazing

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 12:57pm

So ive tried a lot of ways to build him and so far it seems you have to build him kinda tanky or be really sneaky when u decided to initiate. So Right now i think you wanna go double heart of gold into brutalizer, followed by sunfire cape then finishing your first 2 items( Omen and ghostblade). The rune page im running currently is attack speed in reds, Dodge in yellow's, Magic resist per lvl in blues, And armor pen in quints.

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 11:47pm

Hello everyone, Im new to CLG, My name is Zexxxin.

Im having trouble finding a GOOD build for Lee Sin, please help me out here. Thanx ?(
This. Start with Doran's Blade. Then Sheen.

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 2:43am

After weeks of playing nothing but lee sin (because hes owesum) I have come to a few conclusions that suite my playstyle and have improved a few of my friends playstyles with this champion.

Lee sin is an AssassinTank

When I see a LeeSin building DPS items early game, I know he's going to play bad or get demolished. I build tanky and it usually leads to carrying the team. Obviously you won't get great kill death ratio every game, but for the most part combined with skill and timing, you will.

There are a few things to consider when you play Lee Sin. The first, and most important is... What is your latency like?
The reason I ask about latency is related to your most important skill, your "E" is considered the most important and should be maxed out first.

R>E>Q>W

I would still take Q at level one, then E E W E R and continue to max E

Your build should be fairly tanky, you gain more Damage when you build atmas, if you choose to build frozen mallet (depending on enemy comp) or if you build triforce late game as there are a few variations.

Most important, start with cloth arm and pots, i find most champions benefit from this setup alot more than dorans

Cloth arm + 5 pots
Heart of Gold
Boots level 1
(option) madreds razors (dont upgrade to wriggles or bloodrazor its a waste, it just helps for farming)
Giants Belt > sunfire cape or frozen mallet or warmogs
Boots level 2 (merc treads, boots of swiftness)
Atmas impaler, unless you need magic resist first
Banshees Veil
(depending on setup) Force of Nature
(depending on setup) madreds bloodrazor or triforce

Making the most of your abilities:

Alot of people claim it is best to level Q first, I don't see the point in this. In my eyes the only thing keeping lee sin balanced is 1. Building tanky, being able to live long enough to deal damage and 2. the latency double cast of E.

when you use your E, rapidly double tap. If your latency is 100 or higher, you should have no problem executing this. Which i learnt through playing Lee Sin on both US and EU. With a low latency, it is still possible, just a lot harder to pull off, timing is everything.

This allows you to pull off a burst of 200+200 (E) damage in the space of a second. That is before damage modification of Atmas Impaler. Using this skill, You should have no problem bursting alot of champions down, but for the next several seconds, you are exposed. Say double hitting your Q does 175 if you hit. E does 200, R does 300
175+175+(200x2)+300= your damage in a couple of seconds, again, before modification

That is the reason you level E first, it's the only thing keeping Lee Sin in the game, Although he can easily be shut down, Easily be killed even building tanky, You need to rely on killing them first, getting good initiates and knowing when to go all out.

Edit: Lee Sin using the E double tap method, has amazing farming potential, grouped with sunfire you have farming skills greater than renekton.

do not mind if you're not last hitting anything at the start of the game, hit level four, damage them all down a little, then EE for the kills, as you level to 7/8 your EE combo will either kill 95% of the minions or leave them on 3% for a last hit. This is why i build madreds razor, it takes up your cloth arm, it gives a little bonus damage to this farming ability, it makes getting buffs easier.

Lee Sin has great vitality with both red and blue buffs, you should get them when ever you can.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "irelika" (Apr 17th 2011, 2:54am)

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 3:03am

Making the most of your abilities:

Alot of people claim it is best to level Q first, I don't see the point in this. In my eyes the only thing keeping lee sin balanced is 1. Building tanky, being able to live long enough to deal damage and 2. the latency double cast of E.

when you use your E, rapidly double tap. If your latency is 100 or higher, you should have no problem executing this. Which i learnt through playing Lee Sin on both US and EU. With a low latency, it is still possible, just a lot harder to pull off, timing is everything.

This allows you to pull off a burst of 200+200 (E) damage in the space of a second. That is before damage modification of Atmas Impaler. Using this skill, You should have no problem bursting alot of champions down, but for the next several seconds, you are exposed. Say double hitting your Q does 175 if you hit. E does 200, R does 300
175+175+(200x2)+300= your damage in a couple of seconds, again, before modification

That is the reason you level E first, it's the only thing keeping Lee Sin in the game, Although he can easily be shut down, Easily be killed even building tanky, You need to rely on killing them first, getting good initiates and knowing when to go all out.

Edit: Lee Sin using the E double tap method, has amazing farming potential, grouped with sunfire you have farming skills greater than renekton.

do not mind if you're not last hitting anything at the start of the game, hit level four, damage them all down a little, then EE for the kills, as you level to 7/8 your EE combo will either kill 95% of the minions or leave them on 3% for a last hit. This is why i build madreds razor, it takes up your cloth arm, it gives a little bonus damage to this farming ability, it makes getting buffs easier.

Lee Sin has great vitality with both red and blue buffs, you should get them when ever you can.

After playing him for weeks you should have realized that only the first part of E does damage, the second effect is the awesome slow.

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 3:10am

After playing him for weeks you should have realized that only the first part of E does damage, the second effect is the awesome slow.
Have you actually tested that out?

E has a double proc when you rapidly double tap, with a small latency increase.
Making it do double damage, but cost more energy.

the put an E in my E so i can E while i E

Edit:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=624134

Riot are trying to fix this, which will nerf lee sins viable tenfold.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "irelika" (Apr 17th 2011, 3:27am)

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 4:42am

So you write your guide around an bugexploit that will be fixed soon?

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 5:02am

No, Even when it doesn't exploit it still works fine.

The exploit is the only thing keeping lee sin balanced right now, without it he will be less use-full then Xin Zhao and in serious need of a big buff...

I heard he is soon to get a base stat buff, which should make up for the "fix", atleast I hope so. Anyways, I'd still level E first because it benefits Minion farming a lot when grouped with sunfire, allowing you to get the build you need to be viable

The exploit, although uses ALOT of energy and isn't always best to use in a champ v champ fight (you need to choose the moment) is mainly for farming the build you need to be viable, anyways.
+ I've just had my thirst triple E proc. 600 damage without bonus AD in one second

It helps you get used to the champion, and from there you can decide whats best