Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 11:28am

Supportive Blitzcrank build?

Hey Guys,
I don't know why but Support Chars are my most favorite and after playing
the standard supportive Characters I'd like to try some unusual stuff.

My first try will be Blitzcrank. I thought of some kind of tanky build with 40% CDR
to get a ~18sec AOE silence ulti, grab cd under 10sec and the upthrowing hit every 3sec.
I also thought about Items that would give additional support like auras and stuff.

The question is if a build like this is even viable and what item choices/runes/masterys would be the best.

My idea would be 9/21/0 masterys with magicpen, manareg per level (yellow) and flat cdr (blue).
I'm not really sure with the quintessences but I would take flat life.
The first item I thought of would be Shurelya's with CDR boots or with other boots and frozen heart
as second item (depending on the amount of physical damage of the enemy). After that maybe a Banshee's
or Rhanduins. But I'm really not sure if this build is viable...

Another problem are the summonerspells, without blue manareg runes I kinda need clarity..
And as support I'd like to have cv, too... But I'm not sure if it'll work without an escape skill...

Any opinions/ideas to make such a build viable?

ooonY

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 12:10pm

Hey Guys,
I don't know why but Support Chars are my most favorite and after playing
the standard supportive Characters I'd like to try some unusual stuff.

My first try will be Blitzcrank. I thought of some kind of tanky build with 40% CDR
to get a ~18sec AOE silence ulti, grab cd under 10sec and the upthrowing hit every 3sec.
I also thought about Items that would give additional support like auras and stuff.

The question is if a build like this is even viable and what item choices/runes/masterys would be the best.

My idea would be 9/21/0 masterys with magicpen, manareg per level (yellow) and flat cdr (blue).
I'm not really sure with the quintessences but I would take flat life.
The first item I thought of would be Shurelya's with CDR boots or with other boots and frozen heart
as second item (depending on the amount of physical damage of the enemy). After that maybe a Banshee's
or Rhanduins. But I'm really not sure if this build is viable...

Another problem are the summonerspells, without blue manareg runes I kinda need clarity..
And as support I'd like to have cv, too... But I'm not sure if it'll work without an escape skill...

Any opinions/ideas to make such a build viable?
If u wanna go a supportive champ with 40% CDR i suggest u go with 9/0/21 masteries and blue flat cdr runes. Reason why: u get 15% CDR without anyitems. As support u won't get that much money to buy expensive CDR items. And u should consider buying supportive items like Aegis etc. So with a blue buff at lvl 18 u get 40% CDR without any CDR items. And if u got a carry who need blue buff u need at least 15% less CDR to buy.

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 12:15pm

ya right but with blue cdr and 3% from offensive masterys shurelyas+cdr boots or shurelya's+frozen heart
would give me the needed 40% and i can go full def for a little more tankyness...
A 9/0/21 build would need another itembuild, any ideas what to build with 9/0/21 ?

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 1:09am

Never really see Shurelia's on anyone, so I can't really comment on that but...

I don't think you should have mana regen problems with mana regen yellows, I am always just fine - of course i go 0/9/21, and with that 21 in Utility I get extra mana regen + more CDR than afforded by the offensive tree.

If you're trying to run CV, Utility would also be nice for the CV buff. CV is very doable, I run it all the time. As for your worries about an escape, I'd rather run Flash than Ghost because it is just so much more useful for positioning and Overdrive is basically a perma-ghost (especially with maxed CDR).

As for your reds, I think you should run armor pen instead of magic pen cuz I think Blitz does more damage with his autoattacks/Powerfist than he does with his ult, even if he hits the entire enemy team (mostly I think your ult is for interrupt in a teamfight). For this reason the 9 in offensive tree also seems unnecessary as the point of your ult isn't to do magic damage so 15% increased magic pen shouldn't be a concern of yours.

Now whether you run CDR blues depends on your build, you might wanna forgo them for magic resistance per level blues if you can get to 40% offa your items. I'd definitely be running Frozen Heart, and maybe CDR boots although I really love having Merc on him since he's vulnerable to CC as a melee/when trying to go in for a hook. Frozen Heart + CDR Boots = 35%, +6% from Utility tree would put you up to 40%.

If the enemy team is AP heavy unfortunately I think you'd have to forgo your build for a Banshee's Veil or something since there are currently no real good MR/CDR items (except maybe Spirit Visage, but I mean really).

Seems like an awesome idea overall, the insanely low power fist cooldown'd make for some powerful CC.