Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 9:57am

Blog - The beginning of CLG [1st Annivesary]

This is my personal view, it does not reflect CLGaming's opinion. Now with Jiji insight!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

we decided to start working on CLGaming.net! It's exactly 1 year ago and I wanted to share some of the magic and awesomeness behind CLGaming.
Before Hotshot even founded CLGaming he was a streamer on messiahwins, the biggest livestream during that time with up to 200 viewers. An inconvenience between Hotshot and ReginaId lead to the split and the ever lasting rivalry between them. After Hotshot left messiahwins he started to form his own team and livestream, CLGaming.

I initially intended to offer my help to SoloMid (messiahwins) one of the biggest League of Legends communitys 1 year ago, but decided to ask Hotshot first and see how it turns out. The first sentence I've ever wrote to Hotshot:

[17.04.2010 00:14:14] vodoo: Hey Hotshot, sry for the ninja add

Isn't that great? I found it quite hard to convince Hotshot that I'm capable of doing awesome stuff especially with my limited design skills. So I decided to get things done with a very basic design but already some great tools, like the very first redtracker. Some of you might remember the old site:

Version 1 - Screenshot 1

Version 1 - Screenshot 2

Version 1 - Screenshot 3

Version 1 - Screenshot 4

Version 1 - Screenshot 5

Version 1 - Screenshot 6

Version 1 - Release

During the first screenshots the livestream still had a viewer cap of 50, it really took some time to get the unlimited viewer cap. Twisted Treeline also came out and the Razer Tournament was going on. Hotshot and Chauster were fighting under the flag of DDT (Dan Dinhs Team) and made it to the finals against AoN, known to be unbeatable. The finals went as expected: Chauster couldn't play and DDT lost against AoN with ReginaId and Elementz (if I remember correctly). No one really liked TT and it eventually died after the tournament.
Also around April/May some random dude and his premades started to terror all the high ELO players, bigfatjiji and LilBallz pretty much owned everything. I don't really know when Hotshot met Kobe, but I know that he was known to be the best Katarina (Furor left LoL already) and a great LoL player in general.

The livestream became more popular and sometimes even passed the untouchable messiahwins stream with the viewer count, but was not quite on par with it. If I remember correctly it was around June when the viewers skyrocketed after CLG beat the unbeatable AoN several times. But the site slowly died out after the initial launch and we decided to go with Runeterra.com and push them. Hotshot blogged several times and I completely reworked the redtracker to something really cool. But it really wasn't as fullfilling as we expected. So I decided the revive the site and make a new design:

Version 2 - Release

It worked out pretty good and the site became more popular hitting up to 3.000 unique visitiors each day. The livestream and the team both passed AoN/messiahwins and became very well recognized. Riot announced Season One and it was only 10 days before the release and some leaked screenshots from the testrealm came up, leaking Xin Zhao. Since this is my personal point of view I can tell everything I want: Finkill and Snowflake used Hotshots TR account and leaked the screenshots. Hotshot lost his Council for this and Pendragon guarenteed to give it back once Season One settled down (Hope never dies! But who cares about Council anymore?).
With the release of Season One CLG formed it's 5v5 to fight for the championship. The initial roster was:

[09.07.2010 23:43:13] George?:
Locicero - we do the school do do do
Grandjudge - play wow and disappear for life (also in korea cant play in a lot of tournies)
Chauster - bonded with me
Nolja - play some weird shit and disappear for some time. shows up every few weeks (also in korea cant play in a lot of tournies)
Me - joins the bonding
Clever - ???????? chillaxing
Sabertiger - armybaby
Bigfatjiji - uh huh
Lilballz - my bff (went back to taiwan awhile ago and cant play together in a lot of tournies. plays to fk around now [also waiting for taiwan server to come out so he can fuck around there, thus why he dodged and terrored his solo q rating])
[09.07.2010 23:43:24] George?: and kobe - came outa the shadows and attempted the bond too, and succeeded

But it changed really fast to Hotshot, Jiji, Chauster, Kobe24 and Elementz (- cannot stand regi's something and said want to join us) after he left AoN. I think from there most people know how things went for the team: Win WCG NA Qualifier, win WCG, win Alienware Arena, win Newegg Wanfest, stomp every other team, make people whine cause they're unbeatable and be #1 with Season Points forever.
The site however still was a little bit behind and it took till the livestream switch to own3d to make it more popular. Since this is only about the beginning I'll stop here, most people know how things went in the past months. I prepared a little image to show the past year:

Growth

Since I want to be cool: Expect the unexpected! (soooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!)

~ Vodoo
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 10:09am

[09.07.2010 23:43:13] George?: Locicero

Grandjudge

Chauster

Nolja

Me

Clever

Sabertiger

Bigfatjiji

Lilballz

[09.07.2010 23:43:24] George?: and kobe

But it changed really fast to Hotshot, Jiji, Chauster, Kobe24 and Elementz after he left AoN. I think from there most people know how things went for the team: Win WCG NA Qualifier, win WCG, win Alienware Arena, win Newegg Wanfest, stomp every other team, make people whine cause they're unbeatable and be #1 with Season Points forever.
give u free info.

loci we do the school do do do

grandjudge play wow and disappear for life (also in korea cant play in a lot of tournies)

chauster bonded with me

nolja play some weird shit and disappear for some time. shows up every few weeks (also in korea cant play in a lot of tournies)

nigshotgg joins the bonding

clever ???????? chillaxing

sabertiger armybaby

me uh huh

lilballz my bff (went back to taiwan awhile ago and cant play together in a lot of tournies. plays to fk around now [also waiting for taiwan server to come out so he can fuck around there, thus why he dodged and terrored his solo q rating])

kobe came outa the shadows and attempted the bond too, and succeeded

elementz - cannot stand regi's something and said want to join us

laoching poor baby go to army u kill u die

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 10:10am

Happy to be CLG fan, since the beginning.
gj voodo
^^

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 10:16am

Updated with jiji insight.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 10:18am

:3 me streaming
.. or is that clever? lulsy

more insight:
after razor tournament - team was me/chauster/hotshot/tymed/clever/dan

joined some gamebattles thing - needed more people to play during all times
i recruit kobe to gamebattles team

that gamebattle thing didnt work out too well, we lost a game -
hotshot decides to play pirate, loses us game and i rage

:3

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 10:20am

That could be you. Don't exactly know when we pooped on you.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 10:24am

Oh man, brings back so many good memories. Shout out to that handsome devil Tymed, the guy who played nidalee over hotshot in the razor tourney lolol. As usual, jiji never stops making me laugh.

Hey Vodoo, is there anyway to get that looping thing that livestream had? I miss the old memes like Mordekaiser deals damage in a cone, or Nico's jacked your stream song.

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 10:25am

satashi deals dmg in a cone :3

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 11:52am

IT'S CASEWORSE TIME

Quota

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 11:52am

What about our stint with jtv?

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 12:04pm

Not going into this, but they're dicks. At least the old Justin.TV
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Hoder

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 12:05pm

What's the current record for the livestream? :)