Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 6:27pm

How do I get on the B-team

I want to join the B-team. I need to know what I need to do to get on there. Currently I am only sitting at 1400 elo and am taking a break because of losing to trolls and I have decided to read and further my knowlede of the game. I am fucking motivated to become a pro player though.. this is what I want to do. I want to be able to play and have thousands of people watching my stream. I want to be able to play on a computer that runs higher than 30 fps on lowest graphics. I want people to ask me questions. I want to give back to the community and be known as a good person amongst it. Im sick of being broke and not being able to find a job. Im sick of the way things have been going for my personal life and want this to be my escape. I want to be on the CLG team

I need to know what I need to do. I neeeed to know. Play more? Get lessons? Get a better computer? Watch more streams? Read more guides? What do I need to do to get on this team. If its motivated players and hard working player you guys need? I can bring that to the table and more. Im not a hard headed retard who thinks I am god. I am willing to take the criticism from the players above me on what I need to do or not need to do. CLG is my favorite team and will always be my favorite team. I am not going to sell out because TSM won or because you guys are on a tilt and not motivated. You can always find me commenting on your videos and posts saying how I still believe in your team.

Tell me CLG what do I need to do, because I will do it and more. I am motivated. I want to do this. I understand if you guys want some 2.2k elo player whos already good thats fine I'll live its whatever. The thing is this is my only chance to get on this team and I am not going to let this just pass me by and say well I could have taken a shot but I didn't. Fuck that this is my only shot I need to try.

Hopefully I get a response of some sort even if its simply just a no. Even that in itself will make me happy but a no reply will make me very upset.

So I ask you CLG... What do I need to do?

Sincerely,
Zinc

Shadowska

Emmisary

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 6:59pm

Saint said that they already have people in mind. So sorry but you might not be a likely candidate since you're not known to any of them. Adding onto that, I can imagine that they need high elo players who can co-operate and quickly adapt to the pro scene b/c as chau, saint and dl emphasized their main purpose is to scrim the b team asap and give them very specific tips on how to compete with other pro teams.

From what I've gathered, you're not ready yet because after all it's CLG alternate team, not just any team formed from dust and ashes. I'm a 1800 but I still believe I'm not ready to join CLG should I undertake a pro-gaming career b/c there's still so much room for improvement individually (e.g. laning phase, team fights). To be a likely candidate you need to have earned yourself a reputation by playing showing profound understanding of the game. I'm not trying to say you don't understand, but there are people who have played since beta who have waited for this very moment. Generally everyone will generally look at your elo but 1900+ should be ok b/c it's a team game, no based solely on individual performance.
So with that said, I don't think any of CLG is going to look at this but try asking Chauster on his AMA. He's not actively organizing the team but do give it a try.
Your chances are extremely slim but good luck with that :D
[][][][][]:Which top players are you afraid of most?
Chauster: I'm afraid of hotshotgg on my team in solo q

Friday, May 4th 2012, 9:38pm

One does not simply apply to CLG. I mean if you take a look back, there's a lot of threads just about people wanting to join their main team. CLG if they're setting up a second NA team is going to find people; not the other way around. They're going to find big names, because those big names are big names for a reason. They're a tournament team, they want tournament ready players, not someone who may "have potential".

Now anyways, perhaps I'm just in a bad mood, but I don't understand when people complain of "trolls" causing their bad ELO. I've got 4 accounts and 3 of them got past 1500 easily, having played less then 20 games a piece (Besides 1). The last account only has 6 games played. And I'm not some amazing player for CLG to pick up. If you deserve to be higher, you will be.

Sorry if that came off rude; I just don't want people to make the mistake of imagining that this is something they should hold out for.

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 9:23am

hey,

hsgg said in one of his last streaming sessions that only people like Kramer will be asked to join the B-team. I think Kramer is in the 2500elo range, and is a very talented player from what i have seen (alot better then most 2300-24xx players). So actually i think you should not make the mistake to invest to much into trying to get in the B- Team, sry =). Dont make this mistake, and i think you should look for something more profund, other than becomming a lol-pro. Hope i you can find other dreams tho.

cheers

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 10:50am

Also, I'm almost tempted to put money down that Lapakaa is the jungler for the B team so that's one less position open.