Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 11th 2010, 10:51pm

Best solo Q champs? [Ranked]

Hey guys, I was just wanderin about this.

I know this topic is like... a very repetitive one, but I want to discuss this here.

Hmm... Personally I think that Nidalee is one of the best solo Q champs u can pick...

Any thoughts on this? Comments :D!

Monday, October 11th 2010, 11:51pm

From what i know about solo Q, the best champs are those that snowball hard, or punish greedy players. Other than that, tanky dps or carrys

examples: garen, vlad, trynd(?), kass(?), swain, twitch etc.

Needs solo Q tier list imo.

Quota

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 12:01am

Honestly there isnt a "best" champion for solo Q. I would pick a champion you are comfortable playing and are able to play well enough that you can play risky. Nidalee is great because she is highly mobile but nidalee cant carry late game even if she is fed. Try to find that champion that just feels right when you play them or try to fill the gap in your team if your team is lacking something.

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 12:01am

Depends on the ELO bracket it's very Conditional ;D

This is assuming that you are much better than then bracket you are currently in, so therefore you pick a carry and destroy people. If however, you suck balls at this game, pick a tank or support and hope you get carried by somone following this list.

Anyways bad ass solo queue champs

Shaco, Kayle, Annie, Ashe, Missfortune, Twitch, Tristana, Ezreal, Kog'Maw, Olaf, Nidalee, Master Yi, Udyr

If you a dual queueing with somone who is bad ass at those carries and you want to play a great second pick (again we are assuming you are godlike at league of legends and you can outskill any little scrub on your ELO) , here are a few options:

ANY OF THE TOP CHAMPS I SAID BEFORE
(lol jk)

-Garen, Janna, Kennen, Morgana, Nunu, SONA <== shes OP grab her ASAP, Taric, Warwick, Udyr, Xin (or any jungler)

PS: if there are any bads on your team, bad mouth them to the point of self-harm, we could all use less bads in LoL

-cheers

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 2:10am

Non-squishies that can carry, IMO. Tanks/squishies are heavily reliant on teammates, either for damage or protection. So heroes like Xin Zhao, Olaf, Sion, and Pantheon. Personally, I like Pantheon the most:
-can lane or solo, superb at both
-awesome ganking (very good for snowballing an early game lead)
-passable (not good) late game if you build him tanky, reliable cc for interrupting channeling spells

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 9:14am

Many thanks for ur comments :D

Yeah, carrying is a problem for Nidalee, she just can't carry a team.

Also I agree that a good player must fill the gap in the team, so they can have a good team comp. But the problem is, if you picked a tank, then ur carry sucks (let's suppose both of them, magic a physical carry), then u r doomed. That's why I think a good champ for solo Q is like, a kinda carry-tanky-dps thing, like.. dunno, garen, mord, udyr, or a full dps/magic carry with good escaping abilities.

My personal opinion on good solo Q champs would be like....

Kassadin, Master Yi, Ashe, Shaco, Twitch, Trist, Olaf, Nidalee, TF, and maybe Trynd.

Dunno if Im missing someone.

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 1:27pm

The answer depends on what you are looking for:

Are you implying solo Q means you just try to pick the best "solo" champ and forget all team work because u can't rely on your teammates? If yes, the answer is an easy "pick the commonly considered top tier carry".

But more reasonably, if you think about it, you still need team work in solo Q, or else you still going to lose the games no matter how good you do individually.

So I would suggest, try to pick champs to complement your team. Since it's ranked, you might get to pick first so it might not matter.
Otherwise, then try to pick something the team is missing. And also, important point being, in ranked, your top 1 or 2 champs might be banned/picked and you have to pick someone else. So make sure you learn more than just the 1or2.

So here's an example list, learn 1 to 2 from each category:
Mage - Annie, Morgana, Vlad, etc
Tank - Garen, amumu, Morde, etc
DPS - Shaco/Yi/Tryn, Tristana/Ashe, Kog, etc

So here's a little analysis, I would say, if you want to make adjustment because it's a "solo". You want champs that don't rely on teamwork and have an escape mechanism, etc. You might pick garen over amumu for example. Shaco over yi/tryn, Trist/Ashe over Kog.

And Nida seems like a good choice, because she's well balanced and seem to be pretty good in Damage. Got escape, heal, trap and still good DPS.

One last note, maybe the key to a good Solo champ is someone who excels at KS (killsteal), hence giving urself more gold/exp. ie. the heavy Bursters: ie. Kass, Annie, all DPSes. And not so much amumu, Morg. Vlad and Garen are ok.