Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nksk

• "nksk" started this thread

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 5:46pm

CLG is moving to Diamond Bar, CA!

Kelby tweeted:

Quoted

Diamond Bar it is! ^_^ Moving next weekend

Also,

Quoted

Internet bill going from $815/mo /w @Charter to $134/mo with Fios. And we get 3x more upload. Thank you Diamond Bar.

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 6:36pm

I live like 20 mins away from there. Scariest place to drive is diamond bar and chino hills because they are all asain drivers. I'm not one to steriotype because I'm asain too, but I have probably almost gotten into like 5 accidents in diamond bar in the past 2 years.

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 6:42pm

saving 700$ switching to Fios, and get better upload speed? the fck... huge win

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 7:07pm

I live like 20 mins away from there. Scariest place to drive is diamond bar and chino hills because they are all asain drivers. I'm not one to steriotype because I'm asain too, but I have probably almost gotten into like 5 accidents in diamond bar in the past 2 years.

Well with Doublelift learning to drive ... +1

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 7:12pm

Well with Doublelift learning to drive ... +1
Lol I know way to make it worse for me, I practically live up there cuz of family. Seriously its like La ->diamond bar in terms of like scariest places to drive for me lol.

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 7:44pm

Charter is trash. Better stream more with that upload.

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 8:13pm

oh my god nksk u made a thread.

oh my god. \ o /

sayocean

General Manager

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 11:25pm

Charter is trash. Better stream more with that upload.
I don't think you understand how much of an understatement this is. Let me fill everyone in on the amazing ISP that is Charter Communications.

Moving to the house in Burbank, Charter was literally the only ISP available. I know because I searched. I checked with EVERYONE. I even called the City of Burbank to see how it was even possible that Charter could be the only ISP available at our address. Well, they were. Charter's fastest internet service caps at 5 upload (up) and is only available through their business service. They could have done a custom fiber optic line to our house, but they quoted us a minimum of $2,000 per month for 100/100. This did not include a $500 minimum install charge that could have been as expensive as $5,000 depending on where the nearest fiber optic node was.

Yes, insane.

So we ended up picking up five 50/5 business lines. We needed this many lines for streaming. Any true 1080p stream at 30fps is going to require at least 3-5 up. This totaled up to a monthly bill of $815. Not only this, but it took Charter over a month to come out install the last 4 lines. Despite me calling and them constantly.

So now that everything's been installed, even though it's ridiculously expensive, things should be fine right? Oh...for the next 11 months is where Charter truly shined. Our service while we have been at the house in Burbank has been consistent. Consistently terrible. There has not been one month since living at this house that I have not had to call Charter Business Support at least 4 times (once per week). There have been many months where I have had to call 15-20 times. For a long period of time our internet would always go out from 1am-8am. Just completely lose service. Then there was a long stretch of time where it would be down from 6am - noon. If we weren't completely losing service, our speeds were terrible. Lots of the time, our download speed will be completely fine, but our upload will be non existent. Sometimes it's just the opposite.

The most frustrating thing however is that Charter has no intention of even feigning concern that our service is so terrible. I will call their customer service line and the same thing will happen every time. I will tell them that our speeds are slow/our internet is down and they'll run a check. They'll find little/no real area of concern from their remote test and then say they'll monitor the line to see if they can find out what's going on. Once they've figured out what it is they'll call me back. Spoiler: they never call back.

If I bitch enough they'll send a tech out. The tech will come out, look at our stuff, and be like: yea idk what's wrong. I'll have to chat with my supervisor and see what's up. Sometimes they'll replace a modem. I never get calls back, the new modems never fix anything. One time a month or two ago, one of the techs actually climbed up the telephone pole and found some terrible damage to one of the wires. Massive corrosion, said it'd probably been there for months, if not years. He ordered a service guy to come out and fix the wire the next day. Said they would call us before they came out and our internet would go down between X and X time for a couple hours. Never got a call, our service never went offline. Called the Business Support Line to ask about the repair taking place, said they weren't sure what happened.

After about six months of calling I pretty much gave up on Charter. Our account's ticket history in their records is probably laughable. It has never been more readily apparent to me that I am just a # to some company. I tried to escalate things many many times within their company, no one seemed to care. Everyone was happy to just follow protocol and hope that magically our internet problems would resolve themselves and we would go away. I even made some public tweets calling out Charter on twitter. Their twitter account tweeted back at me asking for me to direct message them and they would help with the problem. I did explaining my situation and their response was, oh sorry, this team is only able to assist customers with residential accounts, you'll need to call our Business Support Line for help with that issue.

:cursing:

Here's to hoping Verizon is better.

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 11:51pm

LOL dam, Charter making Crapcast seem like a godsend! Yeah I remember I think this was either when Voy or Loco was on the team and boy did HotshotGG rage about Charter.

Well best of luck with Verizon being your new ISP and be sure to tell us if it works out or not ^^

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 12:16am

nice i live near diamond bar

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 2:15am

Fios is probably the most reliable internet you can get in Cali lol

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 3:11am

I got a fiber optic line last May so I could get 100/100.

I had around 40/40 until November last year. With three different operators all claiming to be da best(!)

Then I had 60/60 until May this year.

Now I have 95/85.

Took me one year to get proper internet, don't get me started on the costs, or the rage for that matter.