Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BoJamz

Monday, February 20th 2012, 7:08pm

Elementz, you have to understand bussiness wise that NOT IP banning means more money to them. Also, it would be good to use the ignore/mute function.
Noobs don't have the option to surrender, they don't have the right to decide when and how they lose.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 7:21pm

If you duo queue with a friend you can both tell him/her to stuff and it usually works also I recently played a game where I went 14/2 riven and the enemy volibear wouldn't stop calling me a fagoot because I wouldn't "Fight my own battles " this is because my team always backed me up so I didn't die since I was legendary and he reported me in the end for unskilled play.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 7:38pm

This is something my duo queue partner and I discuss often. Who knows why, but the past month has seen more of this behavior than ever before (and I've been playing since beta). Literally no one fears the tribunal, whether it's alts or just temporary bans having zero effect on players. Add to this the "business" aspect of a LoL account (blah blah virtual property laws blah) and you have a very hard case for IP bans, technology limitation aside. IP bans can result in mistakes, household problems, and are easily circumvented by proxies which are pretty much general internet knowledge.

To that end, there are a few solutions they can put in place to help out with this.

One, remove ranked play from people who are "extreme" offenders. This is people who have failed 1/2/3 chances or committed ridiculous acts of over-the-top bigotry/trolling/etc. I'd also add that anyone who purposefully trolls and states it is IMMEDIATELY removed from ranked play. Just add a flag on their account that says whether or not they can queue for ranked. They get to keep their virtual property but I never have to encounter them in Ranked play. I don't believe in second chances for people who have such a blatant disregard for others that they will not only troll but openly praise themselves for it "lol i'm trolling guys f all of you dbags". Nobody should have to play with that guy.

Lower the starting ELO. I know Elementz says he sees it all the time in high play, but having accounts between 1700 and 1200 I can honestly say that right at starting ELO the attitude of afk/quit/troll/whatever is so much more common. With the meta the way it is (support), people often troll if they get "stuck" with it. Higher ELO players don't mind playing support because more often the AD is good, the team wins, etc.

Create a paid Ranked queue. This is one they never seem to do but I'd pay 20 bucks to participate in a season that is MUCH more policed and contained more serious players. Disabling ranked for people that break the rules here is also a must.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 7:42pm

I know this sounds like a lot but could riot make pay to play servers. So that the people that care can pay for a sever that would have serious bans while still keeping a profit margin. I know it would be unfair for the people that cant afford it cause they would keep all the troll, but could be worth a shot...

Monday, February 20th 2012, 7:52pm

I cannot agree more. The only problem it causes really is for internet cafes, but internet cafes aren't Riot's problem and unfortunately, they'd have to be a casualty of anything that works towards making this game more enjoyable.

If you aren't doing competitive 5s, how are you supposed to even enjoy this game right now? There aren't any good reasons to not just outright ban people, what are they going to do? You agreed to the TOS that's ever changing and you agree everytime you login. What's the point of making an argument that trolls are paying consumers when 1 paying consumer is driving away paying or possible paying consumers? Even if it's a 1 for 1 trade it's not worth it.

DOTA2 isn't the reason LoL will be in trouble, it's the community that's the reason and DOTA2 is looking to be the solution, a fresh start.

Also, if someone down the street from you gets IP Banned, it doesn't affect you unless you're still on dial-up and in that case, I'd think it's preferential for you to not play LoL in the first place... for everyone's sake.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 7:55pm

I started a thread a while ago about this exact same thing. I even suggested ip/mac bans like you are suggesting now. My argument was countered with 'people can change their ip and mac addresses'.

While this may be true, why not do it anyway just to make it harder? The problem with this game, is that it is a f2p game. This means there is no serial code that was purchased, which means no 'real' permabans can take effect.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 8:00pm

Wombo Combo wrote:

I guess no one really reads comments, but recently I've been smurfing on EU (shoot me etc I was just curious) and for one thing, 8/10 of the people are smurfs. Obvious ones, like a 400 cs TF that was 11/0. Another thing, people there trash talk a TON.
A Malz was dying in a 1v2 lane and was saying "fk noobs can only beat me 2v1" and this Talon kept telling me (Kass at the time) to "fk off my blue noob kass doesn't even use mana fk reporting you for unskilled."
The game previously I died once as Ryze against Ziggs and he started bashing me (and apparently Ryze outranges Ziggs). He started calling me a gay faggot or something I don't even remember EU was so stressful.
Some other times they call the jungler a queer/retard/mentally unstable or the top lane will ask for mid's address to slit their throat (which quickly got out of hand).

Iuno maybe just me but EUW in any case seems like scary place.

I just laughed so hard at that story, sounds like every game I play pretty much.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 8:06pm

-----I'd also add that anyone who purposefully trolls and states it is IMMEDIATELY removed from ranked play-----
Well, g'bye all of CLG NA. Nice knowing you!

Monday, February 20th 2012, 8:18pm

I agree that something has to be done, but most of the suggestions i saw can be a double edge sword, meaning trolls/haters can cause a permanent bane to a player just cause they dont like them or are jealous if the person is somewhat none.

When i watch streams i see how much hate known players get from others, and they often get trolled or shit talked at just for been known. So image what some assholes could do to these players if they could perma bane them, or disqualify them from ranked games.

I think the best way to solve this if either like you said, payed ranked servers, it needs to be high enough to deter the free troll players.
Or do something like this, it might be complicated to implement but i think it can work. Create a system that keeps a record of each account and the frequency they get reported and for what, then that system groups those type of people together for ranked games. Meaning if a person whats to troll of been an ass fine enjoy been stuck with people just like you. This way yes, these people can still play, but are in a sense quarantined into their own sections. Something like that i think would help clear up ranked from these type of people.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 8:24pm

^Truth^ There needs to be a penalty.

Honestly I've had a game here and there were I just lost my temper and really went out of my way to be a dick (playing roam Eve when my team demanded I play support, verbally abusing some poor hapless fool of a mid who fucked up my leash and made golem reset, .etc). I have never even received a warning. Maybe this is because my offenses were not incredibly over the top, or because they were spread out but I still find this alarming. I have ruined games before, when I know better than to rage non-constructive insults or lock in a troll build when my team isn't down with it to be selfish or "teach them a lesson" and I find it disturbing that I haven't gotten any sort of repercussion. IF everyone acts like a dick out of frustration 1 in every ten games on top of the people who just troll every game for fun then the chance of having a good game are slim and almost none that both sides will have a good game.

Almost every game I can think of that I've lost there has been someone raging, feeding on purpose, acting like a dick or ragequiting on my team and almost every game I win its the same for my opponents. All to often the game is a 4v4 plus 1 troll per team and these are the most balanced matches you get. Games were all fie players try are a rare exception.

So in short, I have done things I'm not proud of in game. I'm quite sure nearly everyone else has too. I have also never received a warning. I'm pretty sure many others are in this boat as well. Please be more rigorous. It will help inspire me and others to be the model players we'd like to be.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 8:31pm

I don't know. Back in the day, I've seen tons of trolls. I was lucky to ever get one game a week that didn't have a leaver or a troll.

They need to get stricter on trolls, especially ones in ranked play.

Monday, February 20th 2012, 8:32pm

Remember when saintvicious trolled some guy on stream and got banned and he just logged on another account and started streaming again? Made me laugh hard @ RIOT, cuz that's exactly why people don't take this game seriously and why they lost their respect for other players. There are no real cosequences unless they implement IP bans. Glad the pros get banned when they troll/start being assholes, too, but they just log on their smurfs clearly visible for every single one of their 5K+ viewers and that totally defeats the purpose of a penalty.

Told you there are way more assholes playing on EU servers. Unfortunately I can't play on NA servers anymore due to horrific latency (I had less than 100ms back then in beta, now I get 180-240 for some reason) and ever since I started playing there, I'm reporting people every f*ing game for almost 1 year and I'm really growing tired of dealing with assholes and bullshit day by day.

I sincerely hope RIOT's going to change something, since this game is definitely the best video game I've ever played in my life, but the community is by far the most obnoxious bunch of jerks I've ever seen and that's just sad.