Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 12:33pm

@Chickenmoo: no you didn't state that. At least not blatantly. But when you win you don't critique your bad item choices among other things you do wrong, and when you lose you blame others. BTW even if you WERE going Atmas, that's still a retarded item build. Why? Because your team has no tank, and you're just asking to get poked to death. And don't say Atmas+Warmog are tank items, they're meant for tanky DPS.

SERIOUSLY do you hate HoG and Randuins that much? Or just not using your brain? Nidalee AS Steroid + MF AS Steroid + Nocturne AS Steroid and you don't get Randuins? Even Frozen Heart is better than your crappy build. Just cause you win doesn't mean you did things right, just means you got carried.

Wra1th

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 1:47pm

I've noticed when you solo top, you don't invest in any GP5 items usually. Since top lane is usually an AFK farm war, Gp5 are usually a good way to get ahead of your opponent, also since in order to AFK farm you want to sustain because if you outsustain your opponent you will farm better then them. If you get a GP5 item, you don't have to upgrade it, you can sell them when they've already done their job and you need some big boy items. That kill on singed probably helped alot, because if he was last hitting and you were (presumably) out of lane, the gold you got from the kill helped you catch up to him in gold scores.

Gold makes the game go round, and the team with the most gold has an advantage.

Note: While your team had enough damage this time to make the no damage items build work, you have to realize if your team needs you to do more damage because their output is very low.
For Example, in ranked 45, I think it would have been better to finish your rylais before getting a veil, even if it makes you squishier, With the exception of Mundo (whose damage without atma's depends on a skillshot that you should be able to dodge) none of their team had any MR which makes chasing Singed a liability. You have to change your item build with what the team wants, All in all, from the game summary I would probably have gone for Impaler before sunfire cape (unless your running the full magic pen suite) just so they can't ignore you or you thawk their face off :P.

Keep up the good summaries, this blog is one of my fav parts of ROG.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 2:05pm

@Wra1th: lol what? Gangplank (one of the best melee AD) + Orianna (one of the best AP) + Akali (one of the best assassins) is low DPS output? ROFL. Not to mention Sion is also very reliable AP burst. I know what you're getting at even though your advice isn't the best: Jarvan is at heart a tanky DPS. Now that's just Chickenmoo's idiocy in picking a tanky DPS when what they needed was a strong TANK that can initiate without being blown up (because you don't want Singed to initiate first or have Zil+Nid poke the fuck out of you).

While tanks aren't always necessary in the current meta, it IS necessary at abysmal Elos (1225 hi lol?) because teammates will lag behind, meaning the initiator is far more vulnerable to being bursted 100-0 unless he has built tank.

Actually I have no idea what Chickenmoo is doing, either make up your mind and go Mallet/Warmog/TriForce+Atmas or fucking build true tank items.

But your gp5 suggestion is spot-on, too bad Chickenmoo thinks he's a special cookie and ALWAYS makes sub-par item choices (Swiftness on Singed LOL).

Dagger93

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 2:26pm

@lollolin why are you such a troll? Jarvan can easily be a tank, whether you want to believe it or not. He has a knock up/gap closer, an aoe cone that locks people in and an AoE slow. That sounds like a tank to me. In fact, anyone could be a tank. Sunfire Cape, Negaton Cloak, Warmog's. Those sound like tank items to me. Stop making assumptions about what someone COULD have built after. No one said he was going tanky DPS.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 3:01pm

@Dagger93: I'm responding to Wra1th, learn to comprehend before you flame someone. I understood that Wra1th is saying Chickenmoo should have built tanky DPS, and yes that IS his primary role, if you would believe it or not. I'm saying that there are numerous better tanks that he could have picked. I'm not saying Jarvan can't tank. He can, and is a strong initiator, and in this match if I was STUCK with Jarvan I would have built him as tank. HOWEVER "Sunfire Cape, Negatron Cloak, Warmog's" is NOT a fucking tank build. Either YOU'RE trolling or your Elo is in 3 digits.

Now that I think on it, even his starting item is pathetic. Shield against Singed? Really? His blog is amusing, like going to the zoo and seeing all the funny animals :) oh and you must be the monkey.

Wra1th

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 3:16pm

@Wra1th: lol what? Gangplank (one of the best melee AD) + Orianna (one of the best AP) + Akali (one of the best assassins) is low DPS output? ROFL. Not to mention Sion is also very reliable AP burst. I know what you're getting at even though your advice isn't the best: Jarvan is at heart a tanky DPS. Now that's just Chickenmoo's idiocy in picking a tanky DPS when what they needed was a strong TANK that can initiate without being blown up (because you don't want Singed to initiate first or have Zil+Nid poke the fuck out of you).

I wasn't referring to this game in particular but a trend I noticed in his other games is all. He did what the team needed, going pure tank, If you read my post at all and didnt skim you would have realized that fact as i said,"Note: While your team had enough damage this time to make the no damage items build work".

I think that by posting the ranked games he hopes that other people will comment on his play so he can get better, what I've done is tell him of something I've noticed. I posted the note about singed because I think that Chickenmoo would check this thread over the older one.

Also Pure tanks should get at least one sustainable damage item,(usually Atma's because of the items a tank normally gets, but Abyssal/ROA are pretty good on tanks with high AP ratios(Cho'Gath, Amumu)) otherwise their damage output isn't enough to kill champions later in the game.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 3:30pm

I wouldn't call his build pure tank. Atma's may be viable on tanks in some situations but Warmog's when going tank is a sure sign of an ignorant player who has no idea what he is doing. If you can't use your brain and build the right items, then just follow a cookie-cutter, for god's sake.

And yes I apologize for being misled, I didn't know he played other J4 games (just checking tier list and this seemed like a fun read).

Wra1th

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 4:20pm

Some people like flat HP on Champions with already high hp growth, as they think it will make them tankier, while getting resistances does much more until a certain point, due to the way resistances stack. However, Warmog's is a weird item. The fact that it gets better overtime means you should be getting it fairly early, to increase the effectiveness of it, in fact if you farm it quick enough, it isn't a bad item because of the amount of hp it gives, the fact is however, without any resistances your taking full or maybe even more then full damage from attacks and abilities if the opponent has Armor Penetration or Magic Penetration. It all depends on the timing of when you get warmog's really, and on how well you are doing in your lane and how well your team is doing overall, because if you can rely on a level advantage to be tanky, then why do you need more hp? why not just get some damage and kill your opponents quicker then they can kill you? So, that makes warmog's a situational item, where you have to be a little ahead of your lane, be about even in team strength or in a position where you can just afk farm and rely on the base damage of your abilities to do enough. I think the real strength of Warmog's is that it builds off of Regrowth Pendant, which is one of the strongest items in the game early IMHO, and because it builds off of Regrowth Pendant there are some situations where you just want more flat hp early in the game rather then lane sustainability.

TL,DR; Warmog's early is fine in certain situations, its effectiveness is capped later because it requires farm to grow, Regrowth Pendant is better used for Philo Stone Early, and FoN later, but there are exceptions to it.

Note: Because of the amount of flat HP it gives Warmog's is good at making non-tank character into a tank. (Of course paired with resistance's)

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 4:49pm

No, Warmog's is a bad choice no matter how you look at it. Why? Because flat HP does little when you only have 55 and 48 bonus armor and MR respectively. Now he can argue that he was going for Atmog's next but that's exactly the problem. He's a TANK he needs resistances NOW not after a completed build. You do this by buying hybrid HP/armor items and that is UNDISPUTED for building tanks. He also started with a fucking shield, making the regrowth pendant argument even weaker.

Also consider a tank's job is to soak damage yes but WHAT MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO ATTACK TANKS? Not from seeing him with 4k HP. He'll just get ignored. But by building resistances primarily and getting HP from hybrid items, he will become deceptively tanky, especially to bad players such as Chickenmoo himself.

Finally, another job of a tank is to DISRUPT the enemy team. HOW in God's name does fucking FLAT HP help at all? This is another reason why Randuins/Frozen Heart/Rylais(on AP tanks e.g. Singed) are 1000000x more effective than a fucking useless Warmog's. They not only help YOU survive when you're being targeted at the beginning of team fights, but they also help your team.

Warmogs is ONLY EVER EVER EVER used on tanky DPS. There are only a FEW exceptions and these are INCREDIBLY situational.

I hope all the Elo hopefuls don't read Chickenmoo's crap and follow it.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 4:52pm

Oh, here's a TL;DR - Warmog's sucks on tanks, period. If you don't agree, read the full post.

chickenmoo

• "chickenmoo" started this thread

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 9:03pm

lollolin, I'm curious as to where all of this advanced knowledge is coming from, seeing as I can't find your summoner name on any of the solo queue ladders in the US or Europe (yes I checked Superman IV, the name in your profile here). Let me know where you stand in terms of Elo and maybe then I'll consider you credible.

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 9:55pm

If you had a brain (or tried using it, for that matter) you would see that everything I've said is correct. Of course, I doubt that'll happen because you're too butthurt at the moment to do anything other than stalk people better than you (rather, try to).

Go ask Elementz, go ask ANYONE with half a brain to confirm anything I've said and I guarantee they'll agree with me. Here, let me give you a list.

1. Either build tank, or tanky DPS. Don't be half-assed.
2. Warmog's is *not* a tank item.
3. Against teams with large amounts of poke it is better (especially at your crappy ELO) to have a dedicated tank that can initiate without fear.
4. Against teams with large amounts of AS Steroids either Randuins or Frozen Heart is a must.
5. Top lane J4 against a primarily AP-based harass (i.e. Singed) starting with Doran's Shield is idiotic. Standard Pendant+1Pot is preferable.
6. Start bitching about your own mistakes instead of others if you want to get out of your shitty ELO. Surely I'm not the only one who's noticed that you almost never critique your own build, your own mistakes.

Now if that can't get through your monkey brain, I don't know WHAT can. Continue to stalk me if you wish, maybe try all the lingual permutations of the word Superman.