Dear visitor, welcome to Forums. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chickenmoo

• "chickenmoo" started this thread

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 4:56pm

New IvyLoL site up and running!

Hey everybody, I just wanted to clue you in to a new(ish) way to get into some competitive League of Legends action, known as IvyLoL. As some of you may know, I participated in a collegiate LoL tournament through IvyLoL this summer, representing Michigan State University in a sort of pre-season tournament to garner more attention for the upcoming IvyLoL season. Unfortunately my team lost in our first game, but it was a lot of fun getting to know new people and gain many playing partners for casual play, along with getting an opportunity to work as a real competitive team that you normally would have to be a "high ELO" player for.

Well now that time has come, a new and improved IvyLoL website has been constructed, with a Kickoff Tournament scheduled to begin next weekend (September 24th), which is going to be structured much like the Dreamhack tournament. After that, a Beta Season will occur to get a feel for weekly matches against other colleges, with one Summoner's Rift game happening each week along with bringing Dominion into the mix once it has been released. The first official season will happen this spring, with two separate leagues designed to get as many people involved as possible.

There were over 80 schools involved in the pre-season tournament, so there is clearly room to get many more colleges and universities involved in what should be a very competitive environment. I certainly will be participating in all of these events, and if you are a college student, so should you! To sign up, go to the ivylol.com homepage and click on the giant JOIN NOW! button in the middle of the page. It takes a total of about 30 seconds to put in your information, and then you are all set! Just be sure to put in your school email address instead of your personal one, so that the IvyLoL staff can see that you are actually a student at the institution stated in your profile.

I hope to see all you college kids out there competing to represent your school (while also getting a chance at some awesome prizes!).

-Chickenmoo

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 5:52pm

You guys should get a FB page to recruit people better.

chickenmoo

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 6:10pm

they've had one for a while: http://www.facebook.com/pages/IvyLoL/215925831771982

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 1:07am

Are there forums anymore? If there are I can't find them

chickenmoo

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 8:01am

The admins are still working on making the forums function as well as possible, they are coming soon.

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 10:32am

1 more year till college, then imma form my own team :D

CornyJoke

Emmisary

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 10:34am

Looks like it's gonna be mad fun, hope this will become a big hit so you can do more.

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 9:38pm

Wooooo!!! I'm so pumped. Registered Brown right away, "BROWNONIA!!!" Here's hoping I can fill up our LoL team!