Saturday, April 16th 2011, 7:10am

Xsplit problem

Hello.
I got a little problem with Xsplit...first of all, my speccs:
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/xsplit_speccs.png

My problem is that my fps is going down alot(!) when I stream while playing, read around in a few forums and found that you should have a small box that you could check in namened "Boost Capture Framerate", but as you can see on the picture I don't have any box like that. :S

Streaming in 1024x768 (4:3) @ 30fps atm.
Config on justintv is:
Codec: X.264
Quality: 10
VBV Max bitrate (kbps): 1000
VBV Buffer (kbit): 2000

Audio encoding:
Format: 44.100KHz 16 bit stereo
Codec: Mp3
Bitrate: 64000

I guess that I should be able to rise my VBV level?
Highly doubt that it would help my fps tho...
So if anyone got a clue, any help would be nice.

// Westy

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "westy1337" (Apr 16th 2011, 7:15am)

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 2:02am

Allready tried that mate, no difference :/

Tiras

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 2:29pm

was your stream always running smoothly and did it just start lagging since last update or was it always lagging? since imo 1000 kbps for that quality stream is rather low, if i try it myself with 1.40 upload it lags like hell and other things besides the stream work fine ;)

i myself stream lower quality but since last patches it lags, tried the link Fritzlsepp send ( done that ealier since i happen to check xsplt.com more often ) but it doesn't change anything for me either so im waiting for a new update again :P

Monday, April 18th 2011, 3:54am

Well, now I have a different problem, dunno why it stopped lagging for me, but what ever...
NOW I can stream out 1024x768, 60fps, max bitrate 14000, buffer 20000, highest audio, quality 10 and everything.
I don't lag anything, BUT, the stream lags as hell :S
Also tried to set the settings back to as I had them, rather low that is, and still the stream lags.
Been setting them at lowest aswell, stream still lags.

So I went from huge fps-drops for me on low/mid quality settings.
To being able to have low/mid/high/highest quality settings without any fps-drops tho stream is lagging as hell :S

ooonY

Monday, April 18th 2011, 4:24am

Try to sync your ingame fps with stream fps.

Tiras

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 1:02am

for some reason i had a MINOR patch yesterday and then i redid what xsplit said, unchecking the 'optimise for motion picture' it seemed to work as my stream is working good now, im not sure what version you have or anything but if you wish to update you can use these account login information to update

username : [email protected]

pass : update

i did that and it seemed to work, hope it will also work for you ;)

small edit i forgot : right click your screen region and there uncheck 'optimise for motion picture' if i did it in the settings itself it didn't work as it should

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 6:16am

Tiras

Tried the login thingy and it didn't work, I had the latest version it just said.
And I've come to noticed that if I have "optimize motion picture" turned on game is fine but the stream lags as hell. And when I have it turned off, even when I'm not streaming, just having xsplit turned on, the game lags but stream is fine....

So strange and I've searched through the whole google without any solution :(

Tiras

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 2:12pm

i see.... lower the quality of the stream to 8, sometimes it causes a slight lag or w/e once its higher then 8 and maybe keep fps at 30 or move it to 25, if it still doesn't work go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and see if you really got 1000kb/s upload speed, if its lower you might have to chance a couple of things ;) and you should try to keep 'optimise motion picture' off because the real term it should have it "optimise for non-motion picture" ( will be renamed like that in the new patch, function remains same as now ) and im not sure if you tried restarting xsplit after having changed a couple of options, also worked for me after i've been changing alot in my settings

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 3:37pm

http://img607.imageshack.us/i/xsplitspeccs.png/
with these speccs I don't think I should have any probs streaming over 1000kb/s? :P

Tiras

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 11:50pm

can you do the test @ www.speedtest.net and then post the result of the test ( can be either just typed or with screenshot ) there i can get a ebtter overview of your internet speed :D

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 12:14am

i thinki got same problem with these ppl , stream video is ok but my in game league is lagging even though it show my fps 60+ and my ping is 30.