Negotiable. Compensation is based on the level of the position and your experience and aptitude.
The Director of Video Development handles three important functions for Counter Logic Gaming:
- Producing and editing high-quality videos for CLG in line with its creative direction.
- Helping to define the direction of brand and content for CLG’s organization and players.
- Managing a large pool of editors and staff to create organization-wide, consistent content across a wide variety of live broadcast and video channels.
The Director of Video Development is a two part position. Your goal is to communicate the character and personality of CLG’s organization and players through a video storytelling medium. Your secondary goal is to assist CLG in building a system of specialists who will assist in developing CLG’s content across multiple channels. You will have control over the creative vision of CLG and its brand. This position reports directly, and only, to the Chief Executive Officer of CLG.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of one year producing high quality videos in association with a production or media company. Applications without previous experience on a production/media team will not be considered.
- A broad portfolio of videos demonstrating competency across wide mediums, especially professional gaming.
- Extensive knowledge of the most popular esports titles.
- Understand what gamers and supporters of esports and CLG desire in content.
- Able to travel at all times of the year nationally and internationally as required.
- Able to move/relocate to Los Angeles.
- Background in creative design, brand development, or marketing associated with brand direction.
- Previous leadership of a team, especially in production and media.
- Self-direction and ability to operate as an independent unit. You will define the creative direction of CLG with low oversight. Your work ethic must be high and you should be self-motivated.
Please send a resume, cover letter, AND portfolio of work to email@example.com
In the subject line, include “[Director of Video Development] Your Name” - The subject line must follow exact convention or the application will be removed.
In your cover letter, include in no more than 1000 words:
- Why you are right for the role? Include specific related experiences and accomplishments, not vague aptitudes.
- Your vision of CLG’s brand development and the creative direction you think CLG should take.
This is a Director-level position. Applicants that don’t follow directions, skip the application process by any means, or don’t meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.