Social Media Coordinator
Full-time - Los Angeles, CA
You love social media and have proven expertise in this area. You love esports and have been an avid fan for years. You’re extremely engaged with the gaming community and are always up-to-date with the latest happenings, trends and memes. You are organized and creative, with both strong written and verbal communication skills. You’ve got great energy and lots of idea, and are excited by the notion of being part of and contributing to one of the world’s best esports team.
The Social Media Coordinator will be the hands-on, day-to-day manager of our social media profiles. You’ll coordinate with our in-house video and design teams to prep all assets needed to execute the content calendar and ensure that all platforms are updated. You’ll also be as involved in creative concepting as your skills allow.
• Hands-on manager for official CLG social media profiles on platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Create and execute the social calendar created by and in collaboration with the social, editorial, and video teams.
• Ideate and execute social marketing campaigns
• Update and report on weekly and monthly social media analytics
• Drive engagement in the community: inspire and acknowledge conversation, recognize participants, and monitor all on-page communications.
• Coordinate with video and design teams for any necessary assets.
• Occasional travel to games and events for on-site social media coverage.
• Assist in ad hoc marketing projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 1-2 years experience working with community management on social media platforms for a gaming / media company or agency.
• Working knowledge of esports titles, such as League of Legends, CS:GO and Smash Bros., as well as each of their respective esports scenes.
• Fluency with most popular social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Strong written communication skills
• Good design aesthetic
• Familiarity with project management tools such as Trello and Asana is a plus.
• Passionate about gaming and esports
• Upbeat, positive, creative team player
• Bonus points if you’re a CLG fan =D
How to Apply:
Please read the directions carefully. Applications that don’t follow the directions will not be considered.
Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line: [Social Media Coordinator] Your Name
Include in the e-mail:
- A resume covering relevant past work experience.
- A 500 word maximum cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why are you right for this role?
- What are the strengths that will help you excel at this role?
- What are some of the things you want to work on or learn from this role?
- An easy-to-read portfolio of social media work done, including:
- Successful tweets and posts made by you on social
- Examples of content you’ve created for social media or other projects in the past
- Graphical slide summaries of your vision of how social should be run are encouraged. No text submissions please.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!