CLG Dota 2 Disbands
Team Featured by sayocean 1 year, 12 months ago

Today, Counter Logic Gaming (CLG) is sad to announce that its Dota 2 team has officially disbanded with various members parting ways to pursue other opportunities within the professional scene.

Last February, CLG acquired its only non League of Legends team when it picked up Sweden's Experience Gaming. The original roster of Loda, Akke, Mirakel, Pajkatt, and Pinoy officially became CLG Dota 2 and immediately showed their worth. In their first full month under the CLG banner, the team enjoyed four top three finishes including first place finishes in Fnatic PLAY RaidCall Dota 2 Cup #1 and JoinDOTA Masters V.

In May, Loda moved to Singapore, joining team Zenith, and CLG picked up MiSeRy and Lacoste. Over the next five months, the team enjoyed four more top three finishes including a 1st place finish in the BeyondTheSummit World Tour over iG a week before The International 2 (TI2). CLG also had an incredibly strong opening in their performance at TI2, starting off undefeated in groups beating M5, Mouz, and aL all 2-0. In the end however, CLG failed to qualify for winners bracket from groups and ended up falling in Losers Bracket Round 2 to an eventual top 8 finisher, Orange Esports. This still left the team with a top 12 finish cementing themselves as one of the most formidable Dota 2 teams in the world for 2012.

Since their placing at TI2, many of you are probably aware that Pajkatt and MiSeRy left earlier this month to join LGD International, who placed 3rd at TI2. Akke, Mirakel, and Lacoste have also expressed interest in pursuing varied divergent opportunities, so today the team has officially disbanded.

President and Co-Founder of CLG, George "HotshotGG" Georgallidis had this to say about the team's departure, "Though the Dota 2 team was with CLG for less than a year, they were able to secure nine top three finishes and three 1st place finishes under our banner. They proved themselves consistently to be a top competitor in the Dota 2 professional scene and will be greatly missed by the organization."

"I want to thank CLG as a sponsor for the time we had together and also the people I met from CLG," said Joakim "Akke" Akterhall, captain of CLG Dota 2. "Also, I would like to give a big thanks to the team (MiSeRy, Pajkatt, Lacoste, and Mirakel) for being so awesome and making LAN events even more awesome! =)"

CLG wishes the best to its former Dota 2 team and knows they will find continued success wherever they end up. CLG will look to potentially acquire another Dota 2 team in the future.

Comments

darkpooter 1 year, 11 months ago
I already miss them. They were really good I can't believe you would let them go just like that.
Eladir 1 year, 11 months ago
Good luck to them. Imo CLG as an organization should focus on the NA and EU LoL teams. They should strive to become the best of their respective regions, both in competitions and popularity.
Shadowska 1 year, 12 months ago
Quite sad to see the DotA 2 team leave. I wish them the best of luck but as we move forward, all the action is back on the side of League.
Wavy Crockett 1 year, 12 months ago
Desiire it's pretty clear you (and basically anyone who has watched at least 1 Dota 2 tournament) knows more about the game and the team old team than anyone at CLG. Get a team and then never acknowledge that they exist, best business plan ever.
Shenji06 1 year, 12 months ago
they are in the lol bussiness they tried to enlarge there business product, if they wanted more fans clg,dota shoulda streamed more to be honest and post when tournaments where up alot of fans might have missed out of them cause of that, i know i missed alot of there games cause it wasnt advertised anymore.
LemonSqueezie 1 year, 12 months ago
It's sad that there won't be any DotA 2 team no more... They were good :/ Tråkigt att det inte kommer vara ett DotA 2 lag något mer... De var bra :/
Desiire 1 year, 12 months ago
I am so sad :( the team was my favourite boy band :( I hate how CLGaming is doing this now because we have only had 4 updates about CLG.Dota since its started and I think that's awful. If CLG wants to showcase multiple teams in different games they should show support for ALL the teams not just Prime and EU. Best of luck to Lacoste and Mirakel on finding a new team. Best of luck to Akke and Loda in No Tidehunter and Best of luck to MiSeRy and Pajkatt in LGD.int
CLGDotA2Fan 1 year, 11 months ago
^ This
varantar 1 year, 11 months ago
"not just prime and eu" ? eu dont even post here, their members dont exist on the forums. and prime? only chauster is posting on the forums. youtube channel updates vlogs news etc ? nothing.. i really dont know what kind of business they are doing.
Mauro 1 year, 11 months ago
You can't judge without knowing what's going on inside CLG, maybe there isn't a good amount of decent Dota writers available (you can't just put somebody with basic knowledge about the game, that would be disrespectful to DotA 2 and the fans). I personally prefer taking more time finding professional DotA writers than selecting random people from League of Legends scene.
Desiire 1 year, 11 months ago
@Varantar - misinterpreted what I said. I meant in the way of content, not active member based. @Mauro - I can judge when I have been good friends with the former Editor in Chief Vanille whom we would discuss what is happening with Counter Logic Gaming and eSports in League of Legends and the content that CLGaming would produce. What they can do is find good writers and follow the template they always do for LoL. Show which teams are participating, the Table and Tournament Tree and discuss the event and its history. That's basic journalism right there. What would be disrespectful to Dota 2 Fans is incorrect information.
Mauro 1 year, 11 months ago
CLG has been covering basic DotA stuff that involves the team (I made the banner/thumbnail myself), we had one guy covering that and he got removed a few days ago i think, so did Vanille so i wouldn't trust what he says about CLG; first cause he's not longer part of the team and second i think he signed a NDA. There's a big restructuring happening right now + good people and hopefully that will make the content better and better (;
varantar 1 year, 11 months ago
@desiire is not misinterpreted, its add to the situation as a whole, its lacking coverage of everything
Desiire 1 year, 11 months ago
@Mauro I was speaking to Vanille since March 2011 so yeah I have had information about CLGaming as much as he could tell me because of the NDA you had mentioned and he mentioned as well. You're Writing staff seems to be inconsistent which is what is quite obvious about the CLGaming website. It use to be a place where we could information about everything LoL related, now its just stuff about CLG and upcoming MAJOR tournaments (if lucky). I just hope that if this is the case we are getting a restructuring (hopefully not in the actual website, its fine how it is) in the way of content and management it will be great.
Desiire 1 year, 11 months ago
TheKingslayer 1 year, 12 months ago
Even though I don't watch Dota 2 as much, it is still sad to see this team go. Best of luck to these guys and hopefully CLG can pick up another team!
nksk 1 year, 12 months ago
Quite sad, I really enjoyed watching CLG.Dota play! Misery's Pudge too strong!
Hercules 1 year, 12 months ago
I am going to assume CLG won't be picking up another Dota team?
nksk 1 year, 12 months ago
The last sentence states, "CLG will look to potentially acquire another Dota 2 team in the future." So who knows how soon, but it's not out of the question.
Wavy Crockett 1 year, 12 months ago
Maybe CLG should get someone who actually pays attention to the Dota scene to cover the next team, assuming there is one. LGD Inetarnation didn't place 3rd at TI2, that was the main LGD roster. LGD International is a new team of European players who are going to live in China with the Chinese team.

Recent Discussions