Player Development Coach - Esports
As soon as possible
Counter Logic Gaming (www.clgaming.net) is one of the premier North American esports organizations. Esports is a $750 million industry based on competitive gaming that is continuously growing. Our teams compete in the most popular competitive games such as League of Legends (LCS), Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Halo (HCS), and Smash. Counter Logic Gaming works with various partners such as Kingston Technology, Intel, Draft Kings, Twitch, and Razer.
As a Player Development Coach, you provide the cornerstone support for the League of Legends Championship Series (LCS) Team. The LCS is a year long league that runs from January to October, with games primarily on the weekends.
You will assist and work with the head coach throughout the LCS season to create, facilitate, and maintain a healthy environment for 5 professional LCS players.
Responsibilities and Duties
A document with a full set of responsibilities and expectations will be provided upon consideration for the role. The Player Development Coach will be primarily responsible, but not limited, to:
- Facilitate communication between members of the CLG LCS Team.
- Provide a physical and mental training regiment for the players.
- Create an environment for the players to act as a team.
- Create and track individual goals for players.
- Reports to the head coach and executive staff.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
- Previous experience with coaching and/or team building.
- A positive attitude for conflict management and resolution.
- Able to relocate to and live on the CLG campus in Los Angeles.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Education, Child Development, Psychology, or relevant degree that can be applied to coaching a team [Not Required]
- Two years experience with a proven ability to manage a team and relationships in either a coaching or business capacity.
- An understanding and familiarity of League of Legends / Esports [Not Required].
- Experience working in high-pressure scenarios or situations that involve confrontation.
- A strong desire and/or interest in working in the esports industry.
The following is a description of the environment that the employee may expect to encounter when performing the essential duties of his/her job. The environment may change due to circumstances and therefore is not guaranteed or limited to the description below:
The employee will primarily work in an air conditioned practice room in one of the houses on the campus on the weekdays. He or she will be supervising a team of players between the ages of 18 and 23. The employee will be provided a room to live in on the CLG campus to provide direct support for the players. On the weekends, the employee will be expected to travel with the team on the shuttle to the LCS studio in Los Angeles where games are played for a portion of the day. The LCS season consists of 2 splits that are 3 months long each with a month long break in-between splits. Should the team qualify for playoffs and/or international tournaments, the employee will travel with the team to locations within and outside of the United States.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] In the subject line include "[Player Dev] Your Name".
In addition, include a description of your vision of the day-to-day activities of the team and examples of team events that you would help facilitate. Be specific and creative, try to demonstrate what actions you will take that will have a direct positive influence on the team.
*** If you have already submitted an application without the description, please resend your email with the description included. Include "[Updated] [PlayerDev] Your Name" in the subject line. ***