CLG Announces Social Media Specialist Role Available
Applications are open for a qualified individual to support and grow CLG’s social presence.
Social Media Specialist
Late January, 2016
Live in Los Angeles. Commute to or live on CLG Campus.
Counter Logic Gaming (www.clgaming.net) is one of the premier North American esports organizations. Our motto at Counter Logic Gaming is that we grow great people first, then great players. We focus on unleashing the mastery that each individual player possesses to create the best teams in the world. We’re part of a nearly billion dollar industry, and continuously growing. Working with CLG is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly evolving world.
The social media specialist will facilitate all CLG social channels and several new ones. You’ll maintain constant updates of our platforms. You’ll track and report engagement metrics. You’ll help develop the voice of the CLG brand. You’ll help with filming and producing content, as well as travel to events with teams to cover the latest news. This role is constantly active, hands on, and requires immense personal and mental investment to succeed.
Responsibilities and Duties
You’ll receive a document with the outcomes expected for this role upon passing the first interview phase. General responsibilities below:
- Develop and maintain the voice of the CLG brand.
- Maintain an active “thank-you culture” across all social media.
- Consistently update social media.
- Review and Track social media results and report to executive team.
- Establish and meet growth goals for social media.
- At least one year of experience in a professional social media role
- A portfolio example of video work done
- Demonstrable competency in video production
- Strong understanding of social media metrics, tracking, and scheduling.
- Experience running a business-level Twitter or Facebook account
- A history of high quality video production and/or content creation
How to Apply
Please read the directions carefully. Applications that don’t follow the directions won’t be considered.
Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line: [Social Media Specialist] Your Name
Include in the e-mail:
- A resume covering relevant past work experience.
- A 500 word maximum cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why are you right for this role?
- What are the strengths that will help you excel at this role?
- What are some of the things you want to work on or learn from this role?
- An easy-to-read portfolio of social media work done, including:
- Successful tweets and posts made by you on social
- Examples of content you’ve created for social media or other projects in the past
- Graphical slide summaries of your vision of how social should be run are encouraged. No text submissions please.
If you don’t have the ability to submit all of the above, please await a role that fits your experience and apply then when the opportunity arises.
If you follow the directions exactly and meet all of the requirements, an interview is virtually guaranteed.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!